Saturday, March 10, 2012

overboard..

Crazy..thats how I feel right now. There are so many sad/scary things going on in our community...our State, our Country..our World..

Teen suicide... cannot get over it, it makes me so sad to think that these kids think they have no way out of a situation that could be solved by a few words of kindness or someone to talk to except for killing themselves. My heart is BROKEN...I am scared for these little loves. Life is fragile, people are mean. I am sick of it. Way too many ongoing right outside in my little town. Stop it! call me, we can talk it out..or at least find a way to make you feel better, get you headed in the right direction..to be happy again...

Violence.. just a normal every day occurance now days. Are we all getting so conditioned to it that we read the headlines and shrug our shoulders, say thats so sad.. and go on to the next story?

It seems like danger is around every corner these days..I hate sending my children out the door half the time..I know I am so over reactive..but if its not one thing its just another..

Love one another, smile, hug those children, teach them how important it is just to be kind to other kids..Im rambling, but its so important to be kind....

6 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I agree, it is scary out in the world now of days.....Yes -- it is important to be kind and enjoy the ones that you love!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jane said...

Yes...it's so scary out there. But even more sad, it's so scary inside so many homes! There is help...but sometimes it's so difficult to say that we need it.

There is a wonderful organization that really speaks to teens and young adults..."To Write Love on Her Arms". They have helped so many world wide. Check it out at http://www.twloha.com
It's worth knowing about...and keeping in the back of your mind in case you run into someone who needs them...
Jane (artfully graced)

Bev said...

I have a picture on Pinterest that I repinned from someone else. The link comes back to your site but I can't find the pic on your site. Could you let me know if it's yours & do I have permission to pin it? Thanks!

I am linking it here. Hope the link works. http://pinterest.com/pin/267823509060012162/

Anonymous said...

It seems everyone is on edge and has forgotten common manners. I work in customer service and I get about 2 words into answering the customer question and they are already yelling and screaming and cursing at me. Why? I haven't even got to answer their question. Then when I do answer to their satisfaction no "oh, ok" or even a thank you they just walk away. It is a tough world out there!! All we can do is pray and be extra kind to everyone.

Martha said...

Yeah...I'm with you. The TV news is scary. And I must say, I hardly ever watch it anymore....too depressing. Too scary. Too....yuck.

xoxoxoxoxoxox,
mart

Curtis said...

It is scary out there, but we need to be the voice of calm, and the voice of peace and the voice of love to these kids. So many seem to have lost hope at such a young age, my heart also breaks for them. But is people like us in blog land who MUST reach out beyond our computer screens, go out into our community and talk, scream, yell if we have to, to let kids know that they are cherished, treasured, and that what ever they are going through will pass. Thank you for writing about this nation wide seemily epidemic....
Blessings to you and yours
Curtis & Sherrie