Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A dropcloth slipcover sofa......the lovesong..

Well, here she is...the new little darling of the Coastal Nest Beach Cottage..
isn't she a cutie pie?

Shes got the perfect texture, not too stiff, not too soft..a sturdy gal that will hold up to any cottage rental hijinx..If she gets a spill, or a wet sandy foot upon her lovely self, well..I will be there to pick her up and dust her off..and maybe even throw her in my fancy shmancy front loaders if the need be. I'm here for her.

Shes got great character..and fits in with all the other girls just perfectly.
See?



I love the way she doesn't care if the stitching from her former job as a day-laborer in the painting business get in her way. Shes some kinda girl, shes adapted to her surroundings with such grace and ease..I'm very impressed.

although she can get a little slouchy...
(who doesn't love a little slouch, sometimes thought)




Her nubby character and her little holes here and there have given her all the character she needs to survive out here at Pacific Beach.
























I love every square inch of her.






AAAACKKKKK whats this?









The image of her former self..the "dark side" if you will.
Imagine, being covered by this all your life.
the horror!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garage sale sofa, complete with the works, down fill, 8 way hand tie..$100
2 nubby hardworking Home Depot tarps..eh, Ill give you a $50
and the greatest upholstery man ever known to me, yes.. I actually hugged him!! $450
=
priceless...
~~~~
I couldn't be happier.
Could a dropcloth slipcover be in your future?










27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Gorgeous! Someday I'll visit that gal with 4 pairs of little sandy feet. Swear!

Unknown said...

Oh my, it is awesome.

Cynthia

Cutzi said...

Oh Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. You've done it again. Love it.

Maya said...

Oh, it definitely could. I love her casual and relaxed attitude very much.

Kasey said...

beautiful.
xo

Just a little something from Judy said...

In my book...this is the perfect solution! And how you shared this perfect solution, was even better! Who, but you could keep my interest through each one of those pictures? Your creativity is amazing!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Now SHE looks like a true workhorse kinda gal!

Good on ya!

Anonymous said...

I can never find slipcovers I like... this one is perfect! And of course you had it made!

I am having a giveaway, come check it out!

Jen Kershner said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I also can't get enough of drop clothes these days. I'm even crafting with them.

Nina Diane said...

it looks great!!

Penny said...

I have been thinking of doing this for the furniture in our family room. You just convinced me!!!

Sami said...

Already have one, but it is just draped over my sofa - like some I have seen at pottery barn. Eventually I will get another and sew some proper covers. I got mine at Walmart (9x13) for $18.95.

Unknown said...

SO CLEVER! Who is this brilliant man and can he come to my house?

Kimba said...

Oh Glory! It's beautiful! And you're right...the texture of perfect for a slipcover. Brilliant!

Kimba

Christina said...

Oh.my.goodness. This is just fabulous. I'm almost speechless. How pretty.

lala said...

This is absolutely genius!!!! I love it!!

Debra said...

That looks great! I love it!

Linda Lou said...

Love that worn and wrinkly, slouchy look - kind of reminds me of myself!!

Martha said...

WOW!!!

That looks AWESOME! And even though the garage sale sofa has an ugly wrapping, she sure has all the makings of a star, doesn't she? With the down, the 8 way hand tied springs....

Life lesson....through furniture.

Guess what? My sofa is getting one, too! Except with $27 worth of cotton duck from the discount fabric store! WOO HOO!!!!

xoxox,
mvz

Drawn to The Sea said...

450 to make a slipcover??? Now THAT'S a man to hang onto, wow! My sis made herself dropcloth slips... can't wait to see them.

Kelly said...

Wowza, perhaps you'd be willing to share the name of your upholsterer LOL. Amazing, just beautiful.

Millie said...

You should have you're own cable show Miss Lisa - Lord knows TV needs a DIY Super Star with your darling off-beat sense of humour & great style! Can't stand the current ones who take it all oh so seriously.
Millie ^_^

Chelsey Hall said...

I LOVE her! Absolutely gorgeous. There might be a dropcloth slipcover in my future...

thejoyfuldomestique.blogspot.com

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

Perfect. I love the look and your man did such a fine job on that piping. It just finishes it off so beautifully!

rebecca said...

Please, please, please, tell me where you bought your sofa slipcover. I love it and have been looking for one just like it for weeks!

Thanks,

Rebecca

Ruth Spencer said...

oh, I'm so jealous! I tried to make my own slipcover for a chair... the pieces are stuffed out of sight in a closet. your beautifully finished sofa makes me green w/ envy.. maybe it will motivate me to try it again.

Sicili said...

This is Gorgeous!I would also like to know where the handbag in on the coffee table came from.