Sunday, November 25, 2007

Santa Breakfast 2007





My goodness, is the Thanksgiving weekend ever going to end??? I feel like I have been going nonstop since last weekend!

Any of you other super moms feel the same way? Sheesh, I am EXHAUSTED!! And I have to get the retail queen face on and get up and go again tomorrow. They are only young once, they are only young once, they are only young once.....ONCE!!

We had a great time, the lot of us once again, My mom and Dad,Brothersfamily of 5 and sisters family of 5 and my family of 5. (so thats 17, altogether) The community hospital hosts this every year for a fundraiser for the auxillary, which is a good cause. There was a craft for the children to do, photo with Santa and a very lack luster breakfast preformance of wet scrambled eggs, overdone sausage and a piece of french toast from last years event. But all and all it was a great morning. As you can see in the photos my little dumplings were not worried about the dreaded breakfast, just to be out in fun company and a festive event get the Christmas ball rolling.

Next week we have the Festival of Lights a weekend festival with lots and lots of merriment, there Lminarea everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE, all the homes are as bedecked and bedazzled as they can get, the busses take people around all the neighborhoods to see the lights and luminarea, carolers, cook offs, contests of all kinds, and it all culminates with a most adorable night time parade, all of the people or floats are completely covered with christmas lights, its the most small town folksy I think I have ever gotten. ADORABLE, kind of like the movie Funny Farm, with Chevy Chase. The kids have a chance to be in the parade this year, although I think it might be a bit too long away from mom and dad in the night time. The Church is having Noahs Ark in the parade. cute!

Anyway, I hope you all have a most wonderful and happy Thanksgiving weekend with your families, I look forward to hearing about everyones adventures!

Take care and have a great week!!!

Lisa

2 comments:

Sabina said...

just found your blog via cottage nest! i loved your title...the wearer of many beautiful hats. glad i stopped by.

Bristol said...

I went to breakfast with Santa as a kid,every year at a department store called Pogues. It was so much fun,I loved it! Good memories they will have!!
Bristol